Please observe the following Policies:
Dugan Wellness Center General Policies
Dugan Wellness Center Weight Room Policies
- Athletic shoes with closed toes must be worn - no cleats, sandals, bare or stocking feet.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Return all equipment to proper storage location after use.
- Gym chalk is not allowed. Liquid chalk only.
- Spotters are recommended at lifting stations.
- Use collars with bars in the free weight area.
- There is a 2-minute time limit at weight stations when others are waiting.
- There is a 30-minute time limit on cardio machines when others are waiting.
- Bags or personal items must be stored in lockers and not left in activity areas.
- Persons under 18 years old are not permitted in weight or cardio areas.
- Report all accidents to the Welcome Desk.
Dugan Wellness Center and Island Hall Gymnasium Policies
- Participation is a privilege. Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Guests/Children must be accompanied by a sponsor.
- Appropriate athletic attire is required. Wear shirts and non-marking athletic shoes.
- Food and drinks are limited to approved events. Glass containers are prohibited.
- Secure all valuables.
- Check in at the Welcome Desk to claim reservations. Any activity areas not reserved are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- For any assistance, please contact the welcome desk.
Dugan Wellness Center and Island Hall Challenge Rules
- A challenge for next game is issued verbally by awaiting players. No one presently in a game may call "next game."
- Only one player needs to be present to issue a challenge.
- Losing players are not eligible for the next game unless other player(s) are unavailable.
- Upon winning three consecutive games, the winning team or individual must exit the playing area if others are waiting to play.
Day Use Locker Policies
- For a day use locker, bring your own lock or purchase one at the Welcome Desk. Contents must be removed by closing, or lock will be cut and contents will be cleared.
- All personal belongings should be secured in a locker and not left in activity areas.
- Recreational Sports is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Locker Room Policies
- Semester lockers are available for purchase at the Welcome Desk.
- For a day use locker, bring your lock or purchase one at the Welcome Desk. Contents must be removed by closing, or lock will be cut and contents will be cleared. All items cleared can be picked up at the Welcome Desk.
- All personal belongings should be secured in a locker and not left on benches or floors.
- Picture taking devices are not allowed.
- Recreational Sports is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Island Hall Indoor Track Policies
- Observe the indicated direction for the day.
- Spikes, turf shoes, and cleats, are not permitted.
- Walkers - please use the outside lane.
- 7 laps = 1 mile (outside lane)
Island Hall Multi-Purpose Room Policies
- Clean and store equipment in proper location after use.
- All belongings must be off activity floor and stored in the appropriate area.
- A valid SandDollar ID, guest pass or camp sponsorship is required to access the pool.
- A swimsuit is required. Hemmed shorts and/or white t-shirts may be worn in addition to a swimsuit.
- Shower before entering the pool. A person who are visibly dirty, have open wounds, or contagious conditions will not be permitted in the pool. Diapers must be covered with plastic pants.
- Lifeguards must be present to swim.
- Swimmers must demonstrate adequate skills before progressing to deep areas.
- Children who are unable to stand in the shallow end must be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times.
- Swim equipment (kick boards, pull buoys, swim paddles, fins) shall only be used for their designed purpose.
- The chair lift is only to be used by individuals who need assistance entering/exiting the pool.
- The following items or behaviors are not permitted in the pool area: Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, tobacco products, chewing gum, playing on lane lines/ladders, running, horseplay, profanity, throwing objects, glass containers, animals (other than aid animals).
- No persons under the influence or suspicion of alcohol or drugs allowed.
- No breath holding underwater for longer than 30 seconds.
- Pool capacity is 200 persons.
Hike and Bike Trail
- The trail will be lighted from dusk to dawn, daily.
- Remain on the paved path at all times.
- Use caution, wildlife in the area.
- Do not disturb the wildlife.
- Authorized motor vehicles only.
- Animals must be leashed at all times.
- Walkers stay to the right.
- Cyclists, skaters, and skateboarders must yield to foot traffic.
Thomas J. Henry Tennis Center
- Use of the tennis courts is a privilege. Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Tennis courts are available for use by students, Recreational Sports membership holders or for scheduled/reserved events. The facility is not open to the public. Display appropriate identification upon request.
- Courts may not be available for open recreation use during academic classes, intercollegiate athletics, recreational programming, or special events. During open recreation, use of courts is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Appropriate athletic attire is required. Shoes may not mark the courts.
- Bike, skateboards, and rollerblades are not permitted.
- Tennis courts are state property, therefore, no private lessons can be held on the tennis courts.
- Guests/children must be accompanied by a sponsor.
- Pets, other than guide animals, are prohibited.
- The university is not responsible for lost or stolen property or injuries sustained by participating. Do not bring valuables to the facility.
- Report all accidents/injuries to the office.
Momentum Multipurpose Field
- A valid SandDollar ID, current membership, guest pass or approved special event is required to use the fields.
- Fields may be used only when a supervisor is on duty. Please check SandDollar ID at support building.
- The fields are closed during inclement weather.
- The following are not permitted on the playing fields - dogs, except service animals, vehicles, glass containers, alcohol, or tobacco.
- All equipment must be returned to its usual storage place after use so that the field will be clear for maintenance.
- Dispose of all trash in receptacles.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen property or injuries sustained while participating. Report all incidents/accidents to the Support Building.
Strictly enforced to prevent disease transmisssion & excessive wear of equipment. Anyone not following the dress code will be asked to change or leave. NO EXCEPTIONS! DRESS CODE will be enforced in all recreational areas and programs!
The Department of Recreational Sports is not responsible for lost or stolen properties or injuries sustained while participating.