The trail was designed to be enjoyed by both fitness enthusiasts and nature explorers. The lighted trail is an excellent location to walk, bike, rollerblade, or jog while taking in the splendor of Ward Island. The trail is for everyone, including our wildlife. Please respect their rights as co-inhabitants of the Island. Trail maps are available in the DWC. Special use requests, problems, or facility damage reports should be made to the Recreational Sports Office at 825-2454.
1. The trail will be lighted from dusk to dawn, daily.
2. Use caution, wildlife in the area.
3. Remain on the paved path at all times.
4. Do not disturb the wildlife.
5. Authorized motor vehicles only.
6. Animals must be leashed at all times.
7. Walkers stay to the right.
8. Cyclists, skaters, and rollerbladers must yield to foot traffic.
Emergency phones are currently out of service.