All of our Group Fitness classes welcome participants of all fitness levels, from beginner to advanced. Although our instructors are able to provide modifications and/or variations to accommodate our participants, it is crucial for you as the participant to be aware of your limits and listen to your body’s current abilities and needs. We recommend new participants to ask questions and to notify the instructor of any previous injuries or conditions that may limit or increase the risk of injury. We want to make this a great experience for all! Email feedback and questions to Kelsey Leggett.
Class Descriptions Fall 2017
Indoor Cycling- We offer a various types of cycling classes:
· Cycle Intervals-A high energy, 45 minute cardio workout in which you can burn 400-600 calories or more per class! The instructor motivates you to bike at various resistances through different courses of hills, flat roads, jumps, sprints and a fun arm-track with weights to break up the leg-work! Open to all fitness levels.
· Cycle & Strength-offers heart pumping cardio and weight training in one! This class will go through challenging interval training on the spin bike while increasing muscular strength with off-the-bike exercises. Grab your sneakers and towel, and come ride it out to energy blasting music! (Please arrive 5 minutes early to set up bikes and equipment)
· Sunrise Spin- offers heart pumping cardio and weight training in one! This class will go through challenging interval training on the spin bike while increasing muscular strength with off-the-bike exercises. Grab your sneakers and towel, and come ride it out to energy blasting music! (Please arrive 5 minutes early to set up bikes and equipment)
Yoga- We offer various types of yoga classes:
· Try Hatha Yoga for a slow paced class, where basic poses are held for longer periods. Increase your overall flexibility, strength, and stamina in this challenging, and traditional yoga class.
· Try Vinyasa Flow Yoga for a quicker moving class that syncs movement with breath. Whether you're new to yoga or are an experienced yogi, this class offers variations for all poses.
· Try Restorative Yoga and experience benefits of light stretching and restorative poses where you are completely supported by props such as bolsters, blankets, blocks and straps allowing for opening in your joints and muscles while relaxing.
· Zumba- Come relive some stress and get your cardio on! Zumba is a fun, energetic, cardio workout with upbeat Latin, International, and hip-hop music. Easy-to-follow choreography made for all fitness levels. No dance experience required.
· TRX- Come take a TRX class taught by one of our certified personal trainers! TRX suspension training is a workout system that leverages gravity and your body weight to perform a wide variety of exercises targeting every muscle group. You are in control of how much you want to challenge yourself with each movement because you can simply adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance. Some classes include circuit and/or interval style formats. This class will meet at the TRX machine on the indoor track inside the Dugan Wellness Center.
· Core Crunch- Core strength is essential to your overall fitness. Take this 20-30 minute class to improve your core strength and definition with this intense abdominal workout. From basic abdominal exercises to powerful techniques, this workout will strengthen your upper, lower, and oblique abdominal muscles. Get ready to plank!
· Pilates- This class seeks to develop a balance between strength and flexibility with the goal of improving posture and mobility for optimal conditioning and ease of movement. This high energy class will leave you sweaty and sore to the core!
· Piloxing- A non-stop interval fusion of Boxing, Pilates and Dance that will push you past your limits. Feel empowered with Boxing, find balance with Pilates and let loose with fun and funky dance moves! This unique combination is guaranteed to burn maximum calories and build lean muscle.
· Boot Camp- Get fit, strong, and healthy with our high-energy circuit training class. The class will include body-weight movements as well as strength and cardio moves for a total body workout. This class is open to all fitness levels but expect to push your limits!
· Athletic Conditioning- Do you miss those hardcore drills from sports practice? Come to the Athletic Conditioning class for intense sport drills training! Increase your strength, power, agility, and cardio today!
· HIIT the Barre- HIIT the Barre combines next-level high intensity interval training with the body tightening movements you love from barre class! Be prepared to work and tone the entire body with various exercises and equipment. In this circuit format, you will rotate through 4 different exercises per station. Are you ready to challenge yourself?
· Stability & Mobility- This is a low-impact class is designed for beginners, or those who just want a workout focused on strengthening and stabilizing those common weak areas of the body. You can expect a variety of exercises that challenge your core, glutes, and balance in this 30-minute lunch-hour class!
· Insanity- Join us for a total body, interval-based, cardio and strength conditioning workout. Combines full-body strength training with high intensity cardio bursts designed to tone your body and improve your endurance. This class will have you working around the clock (literally)!