All of our Group Fitness classes welcome participants of all fitness levels, from beginner to advanced. Although our instructors are able to provide modifications and/or variations to accommodate our participants, it is crucial for you as the participant to be aware of your limits and listen to your body’s current abilities and needs. We recommend new participants to ask questions and to notify the instructor of any previous injuries or conditions that may limit or increase the risk of injury. We want to make this a great experience for all! Email feedback and questions to Kelsey Leggett.
Spring Group Fitness classes will start Jan. 22nd!
Indoor Cycling- We offer a various types of cycling classes:
· Cycle Intervals/Sunrise Spin -A high energy, 45 minute cardio workout in which you can burn 400-600 calories or more per class! The instructor motivates you to bike at various resistances through different courses of hills, flat roads, jumps, sprints and a fun arm-track with weights to break up the leg-work! Open to all fitness levels.
· Cycle & Strength-offers heart pumping cardio and weight training in one! This class will go through challenging interval training on the spin bike while increasing muscular strength with off-the-bike exercises. Grab your sneakers and towel, and come ride it out to energy blasting music! (Please arrive 5 minutes early to set up bikes and equipment)
Yoga- We offer various types of yoga classes:
· Try Hatha Yoga for a slow paced class, where basic poses are held for longer periods. Increase your overall flexibility, strength, and stamina in this challenging, and traditional yoga class.
· Try Vinyasa Flow Yoga for a quicker moving class that syncs movement with breath. Whether you're new to yoga or are an experienced yogi, this class offers variations for all poses.
· Try Restorative Yoga and experience benefits of light stretching and restorative poses where you are completely supported by props such as bolsters, blankets, blocks and straps allowing for opening in your joints and muscles while relaxing.
· Zumba- Come relieve some stress and get your cardio on! Zumba is a fun, energetic, cardio workout with upbeat Latin, International, and hip-hop music. Easy-to-follow choreography made for all fitness levels. No dance experience required.
· TRX- Come take a TRX class taught by one of our certified personal trainers! TRX suspension training is a workout system that leverages gravity and your body weight to perform a wide variety of exercises targeting every muscle group. You are in control of how much you want to challenge yourself with each movement because you can simply adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance. Some classes include circuit and/or interval style formats. This class will meet at the TRX machine on the indoor track inside the Dugan Wellness Center.
· Core Crunch- Core strength is essential to your overall fitness. Take this 20-30 minute class to improve your core strength and definition with this intense abdominal workout. From basic abdominal exercises to powerful techniques, this workout will strengthen your upper, lower, and oblique abdominal muscles. Get ready to plank!
· Pilates- This class seeks to develop a balance between strength and flexibility with the goal of improving posture and mobility for optimal conditioning and ease of movement. This high energy class will leave you sweaty and sore to the core!
· Piloxing- A non-stop interval fusion of Boxing, Pilates and Dance that will push you past your limits. Feel empowered with Boxing, find balance with Pilates and let loose with fun and funky dance moves! This unique combination is guaranteed to burn maximum calories and build lean muscle.
· Boot Camp- Get fit, strong, and healthy with our high-energy circuit training class. The class will include body-weight movements as well as strength and cardio moves for a total body workout. This class is open to all fitness levels but expect to push your limits!
· Athletic Conditioning- Do you miss those hardcore drills from sports practice? Come to the Athletic Conditioning class for intense sport drills training! Increase your strength, power, agility, and cardio today!
· HIIT the Barre- HIIT the Barre combines next-level high intensity interval training with the body tightening movements you love from barre class! Be prepared to work and tone the entire body with various exercises and equipment. In this circuit format, you will rotate through 4 different exercises per station. Are you ready to challenge yourself?
· Stability & Mobility- This is a low-impact class is designed for beginners, or those who just want a workout focused on strengthening and stabilizing those common weak areas of the body. You can expect a variety of exercises that challenge your core, glutes, and balance in this 30-minute lunch-hour class!
· Insanity- Join us for a total body, interval-based, cardio and strength conditioning workout. Combines full-body strength training with high intensity cardio bursts designed to tone your body and improve your endurance. This class will have you working around the clock (literally)!
· Miniband Camp- Come learn how to incorporate mini resistance-bands into your workouts in this 30-minute class! Mini bands are an effective tool for activating specific muscle groups, and becoming aware of proper muscle recruitment during an exercise. This class will focus on strengthening common weak areas of the body through glute activation, strengthening of the hips, and engagement of the core. This class is great for beginners! Resistance bands range from light-heavy.
· Tone & Tighten - Work to "tone & tighten" all areas of your body in this 60-minute class! This class is designed to build lean muscle mass through the use of body-weight exercises and segments of weight lifting. You’ll complete exercises with dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, and much more to work all the large muscle groups of the body and enhance your overall muscular endurance.
Late Night Group Fitness Classes
Busy schedule? Looking for a night-time group fitness class to relieve some stress before bedtime? Check out our NEW late night group fitness classes! These classes are offered twice a month and have different themes!
Drake Themed Late Night Cycle with Rebecca: Come cycle to some of Drake's top charting hits during this late night class! The class will be held February 7, 2018 from 10:00-10:50PM in the Tarpie room!
Self-Love Late Night Valentine's Day Zumba: Love yourself! Come attend our special Self Love Valentine's Day Zumba class on February 14, 2018 from 10:00-10:50PM in the Tarpie room!
Group Fitness Extravaganza
Event in the Dugan Wellness Center Gym on January 24th starting at 6:00pm.
To ensure safety, class sizes will be limited to the following:
*Please sign in at the folder upstairs through the binder to reserve your spot*
NO LATE ADMITTANCE.
Group Fitness offers a variety of classes that provide a safe and structured workout. Each class is led by a certified instructor. Group Fitness classes are available to current students, Faculty and Staff and alumni (with Rec Center Memberships) at no additional charge. Registration is not required, but space is limited.
Stay tuned for information on upcoming certifications.